Big D’s Crockpot Chili
is the perfect meal for the football game!
With FALL comes football, leaves, sweatshirts, hot chocolate and of course CHILI!
My son-in-law, Big D is all about football and with my daughter,
they make it a family activity.
So it’s no surprise that he can make a FANTASTIC pot of chili!
Big D’s Crockpot Chili is just that, a touch-down every time!
The flavor of the chili is not the only great thing about it. Making it in a Crockpot makes it easy and perfect clean-up. Or easy to take with you to the tail gate party. How about a neighborhood Halloween party or a Trunk or Treat? We’ve got you covered! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 cans chili beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 2 green peppers (diced)
- ½ tsp. red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup sugar
- couple dash of your favorite hot sauce
- Brown ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Then add the seasonings.
- Open the canned items and add to the crockpot.
- The only one you need to strain and rinse is the kidney beans
- Then add the ground beef mixture to the crockpot.
- Mix well.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Serve with grated Cheddar Cheese, crackers, and sour cream if desired.
- The sour cream helps cool the heat depending how spicy you like it!
Thank you Darin, Big D, for sharing it us!
It’s a delicious way to make your weekend complete.
Oh and Big D’s team is BSU – Boise State University… so GO BSU!!!
If you like this recipe, be sure and pin it so you can make it soon.