Mexican Fruit Salad
This Mexican Fruit Salad is the perfect complement to any Mexican food!
I LOVE fruit and this time of the year some of my favorites are in season,
like mango’s, oranges, and grapes!
What are your favorite fruits? Chances are they will go in this salad.
Mexican food is probably my favorite food. I know, you’re probably saying, wait a minute, spaghetti is your favorite! That’s true spaghetti is my all time favorite food and my comfort food. But Mexican food as a whole is my favorite food. The best sides dishes for Mexican food is of course rice and beans, but for those nights you don’t want to take the time to make a big meal and all the extras. Throw together this Mexican Fruit Salad and call it good! No wait… call it mouth-watering delicious, because it is! Fruit really is a great accent to spicy and hot food. Not to mention, it can serve as your dessert.
This fruit salad really goes well with any spicy meal or any meal, seriously.
It’s fresh, sweet, and juicy with just the right amount of tang! Try mixing it up, use your favorite fruits or fruits that are in season.
I’ve also used honeymelon, apples, and peaches. So don’t be afraid to mix it up.
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small bunch green grapes, cut in half
- ½ pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- zest and juice of 2 or 3 limes
- ½ cup honey
- Add the lime zest and juice in a small bowl and add honey.
- Stir well.
- Place all the fruit in large bowl.
- Gently mix the fruit with some of the lime syrup, adding until it is as sweet as you would like it depending on the sweetness of your fruit.
If you like this recipe, be sure and pin it so you can make it soon.