Paleo Carrot Cake is what’s for dessert!
It’s FALL y’all and that means delicious desserts! Like this oh so scrumptious
Paleo Carrot Cake!
Let me tell you, last week were able to go to Lake Powell with my Aunt and Uncle. We were celebrating their anniversary. Usually Charlotte does these delicious Paleo desserts for our trips. But this time I was able to surprise them, it was their anniversary after all!
Here’s a little glimpse of the beautiful Lake Powell, it’s one of my favorite places!
The Paleo thing is really Glen and Charlotte’s thing. They have been eating that way for over a year. So we just go along with it when we get together. But let me tell you, I haven’t had anything I didn’t like yet! Charlotte does a great job in keeping yummy things to eat and snack on around and we don’t go hungry or miss out!
We are trying to eat healthier at our house too, but I love my pasta so I have trouble with the all Paleo. But Carrot Cake is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. So to celebrate their anniversary I made this cake. It was our dessert and ending of a perfect day each night while at Lake Powell.
Don’t be intimidated by any of the ingredients. All the ingredients can be found at your local Walmart.
- 4 cups organic carrots (grated)
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts
- For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package cream cheese
- ½ cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients and blend again with your Ninja or mixer.
- Mix in optional nuts.
- Grease a 9X13 glass cake pan with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into your pan
- Bake about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick.
- Cool completely.
- Top with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Store in fridge.
Don’t let this Paleo Carrot Cake recipe scare you, it’s easy and so healthy and delicious!
Like this post? Don’t forget to “Pin” it!