Hi everyone! You know me, I love salad and could eat one with every meal.
Today it’s Avocado Feta Salad, sound good?
First let’s talk summer, how is your summer going? Today we are in the rain! But we will soon be home and ready to enjoy that hot summer weather and our boat. We live only 10 minutes from the prettiest lake, surrounded by the breathtaking red rocks of Southern Utah. So in the summer we love to go there every chance we get. A great way to cool off and have some fun. But a few hours at the lake everyone is always hungry and quick and easy is a must.
This salad is just that quick and easy. Add a pizza already made or a hamburger on the grill and I’m set! This Avocado Feta Salad is perfect with Greek or Italian but goes with anything, trust me. It has ALL my favorites, so I could eat it any time. I call it that because those are my two favorite ingredients. I should add the olives too, I’m an olive addict, any kind of olives! Add olives to a dish and you know it’s going to be good. For me a salad is not complete without olives, are you with me? But this salad the Avocado’s and the Feta cheese steal the show and the rest just compliment them. No need for bottled dressing, this vinaigrette has things that you most likely will have on hand and so simple to whisk together. Avocado’s are in season now and so pick some up and enjoy. To learn how to pick the perfect avocado go to Healthy Living How To.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Roma tomatoes (cut into squares)
- 1 avocado (cut into squares)
- ½ cucumber (sliced)
- ½ can black olives (cut in half)
- feta cheese (cut into squares)
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce (torn into bite size pieces)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and avocado and gently mix.
- Let set for about 10 minutes for vegetables to marinate.
- In your salad bowl place your lettuce and then add all the delicious vegetables with vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!
I love hearing from you so be sure and let me know how you like this Avocado Feta Salad. What is your favorite cheese to put on a salad?
Enjoy and for sure enjoy your summer!
You can also follow me at any of the following…
Here are a few other salads recipes you may enjoy…