Here’s to a Happy 4th of July, Happy Birthday America!
My beautiful daughter is sharing her delicious Ranch Pasta Plus with us this weekend. Just in time for the 4th of July weekend. She’s had so many requests for it from her friends and family that she is letting me share it with my friends too! Thank you sweetie! What better time to make it than, the 4th of July. I know a lot of us are going to be having a BBQ / Picnic and this is a great salad to serve.
These are two of her critics and they both loved it for lunch as you can see. (Aren’t they the cutest)
Brooke said we should name it Saladlicious and gave it 5 stars. Is she cute or what? I love that little freckled face cutie pie! Deena (my favorite daughter) calls it Ranch Pasta Plus because every time she makes it, she adds whatever ingredients are on hand. It’s even good as the main course of the meal, especially when you add ham or bacon or even chicken.
Here’s Deena’s direction…
1 box of pasta (you can use whatever pasta you like).
Package of buttermilk ranch dressing (follow package directions).
Then add whatever you want. The more colors and textures you have the better. My favorite add-ins are
bacon, frozen peas, diced red onion, red peppers, olives, diced cheddar, or any other kind of cheese.
Other ideas.. diced ham, cooked chicken breast, carrots, celery, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, hard-boiled eggs. Use your imagination
After the pasta cooks I run it under cold water to cool it down. I add half of the dressing and then all the yummy stuff and refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors marry together and keep cool.
Right before I serve it I add the rest of the dressing so it is moist and delicious. I also sprinkle some McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning on top.
My whole family LOVES it and it’s one of those recipes that you can take to pot lucks, BBQ’s, or make ahead and have dinner ready when you have one of those crazy busy days, okay that’s most every day being a mother of five.
For a printable recipe, see below…
- 1 box of pasta
- Package of buttermilk ranch dressing (Follow package directions)
- 6 slices Bacon (cooked and broke into pieces)
- 4 Hard-Boiled Eggs (cut into pieces)
- ½ small bag of Frozen Peas
- ½ Red Pepper (cut into small pieces)
- Cucumbers (cut in slices and quartered)
- Pepper Jack Cheese (cut into chunks)
- Red Onion (diced small)
- McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning (to sprinkle on top)
- Cook pasta, then run it under cold water to cool it down.
- Add half of the ranch dressing and mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors marry together.
- Right before serving, add the rest of the dressing so it is moist and delicious.
- Sprinkle the salad supreme on top and serve.
I hope you’re enjoying your 4th of July weekend.
I love hearing from you so be sure and let me know how you like this Ranch Pasta Plus.
What are your favorite ingredients to add to a pasta salad? Enjoy!
You can also follow me at the following…
Here are a few other recipes you may enjoy…