Summer, I LOVE summer and I LOVE lemonade! Relaxing with an ice-cold glass of homemade Blueberry Mint Lemonade…even better! That’s today’s recipe I’m sharing. I really enjoy making homemade lemonade. Check out my recipe for Homemade Lemonade and Raspberry Lemonade too! See I told you I love it. It takes just a little more time, but it’s worth it. Get the kids involved and they love it too!
The other lemonade recipes I’ve shared are made with sugar, but this blueberry mint lemonade I made with honey and it so delicious. Either way it’s a great drink to make and have a pitcher of in your refrigerator on those HOT summer days. It’s so refreshing and quenches your thirst.
Blueberries go perfectly with lemonade and are healthy for you too! Did you know that blueberries are one of the highest antioxidant among all fruits? This little fruit is also said to boost your brain and may even prevent cancer. So why not add it to your recipes whenever possible right!
I just recently planted some mint in my back yard so I decided to add it to my lemonade too! I love the taste of mint in my tea and mint goes perfect with lemons and blueberries. Okay I have to share this great tip. When I was buying my ingredients the other day at Walmart, the lady checking me out at the cash register shared this with me. Adding mint to a cup of boiling water as a tea is good for cramps. Good to know, right? She said her grandmother always made it for her when she had cramps and it worked. Grandmother always know how to make you feel better.
- 2 cups water
- 6 lemons
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 sprigs of mint
- ¾ cup honey
- Bring to boil water, honey, blueberries, and mint and cook for about 5 minute on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool. (You can make up this simple sugar ahead of time and have in the refrigerator). Remove mint sprigs and discard.
- Blend syrup mixture after cooled to puree blueberries.
- I used cheesecloth to strain the blueberry pulp before adding to the lemon juice. (optional)
- Squeeze lemons into a bowl removing all seeds.
- Place juice from lemon’s into the cooled syrup and mix well.
- Then add about 2 more cups of cold water and stir.
- Fill glass pitcher about half way with crushed ice.
- Add blueberry lemonade mixture and stir.
- Serve with thin slices of lemon and enjoy.
I hope you’re enjoying your summer. I love hearing from you so be sure and let me know how you like this Blueberry Mint Lemonade,
it’s not only GOOD, but good for you! Enjoy!
You can also follow me at the following…
Here are a few other recipes you may enjoy…