Hi friends! It’s so good to be back here today sharing a delicious dessert with you. For those of you that don’t know me my name is Deanna and I write over at Gloriously Made. I am one of Wanda Ann’s monthly contributors. I always love coming over each month to share one of my recipes with all of you.
How has everyone’s summer started off so far? Ours is good and we haven’t had a dull moment yet. I have two very active little boys ages 6 & 4. The are a lot of fun! We have been busy will play dates at the pool, trips to sea world, and lazy afternoons at home. It’s been great so far. I love summer’s!
Buttermilk Pies are one of our family’s favorite treats in the summer. This Southern Buttermilk Pie has a little bit of lemon zest and lemon juice to make it all that more perfect as a summer treat! It’s delicious served with homemade whipped cream (if you don’t have your own recipe then you will have to try mine! So easy and so good!) and fresh berries. It’s a really easy pie to make and is even easier when you purchase an already made pie crust, which I did for this pie. I love Pillsbury already made crust. So good! If you are looking for an easy pie crust recipe to make yourself you can try my mother’s recipe by going here. I always use her recipe when I have a little bit more time on my hands.
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup buttermilk, melted
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, loosely placed in spoon
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared pastry crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine your sugar and flour. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl combine your eggs, buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your flour and sugar bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Cover the edge of your crust with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake pie at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Bake for a total of 45 minutes or until almost set. Don't over bake.
- Let cool for one hour before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Y’all have a great weekend and I hope you get a chance to make this Southern Buttermilk Pie soon. Come over and see me!!