Hi, friends! I’m back from The Seasoned Mom with another easy and delicious recipe for you!
Full of simple and fresh ingredients, Aunt Bee’s Shrimp and Pasta Salad has been a family-favorite for decades! It’s the perfect side dish for your next cookout, an easy option for a weeknight dinner, or a refreshing make-ahead lunch option. This multi-tasking recipe will soon become a regular in your kitchen as well!
My mom’s godmother, Aunt Bee, is a fine Southern hostess in the best sense of the term! She has served holiday meals, cocktails, and lunches to our friends and family for as long as I can remember, and her dishes always garner rave reviews. She has a knack for preparing simple, classic dishes in a delicious way. She knows which ingredients work best together, and she also knows some genius shortcuts to keep prep time in the kitchen minimal. Isn’t that what we’re all looking for?
Over the past year, Aunt Bee has been sharing treasures from her past (and present!) with me — including fond memories of my grandmother (her best friend), her family’s holiday traditions and keepsakes, and some of her most treasured recipes. I love the process of recreating Aunt Bee’s classics in my own kitchen so that I can share the tastes and stories with my children. These meals are a connection to the past that will be carried on for generations.
And let me tell you: these recipes have become family favorites for a reason…they are all absolutely wonderful! This Shrimp and Pasta Salad is not fancy, but it’s an option that everyone loves and that disappears fast when you put it on the table. I especially love the variety of textures, from the creamy dressing to the crunchy vegetables and the tender pasta. Add in the fresh lemon juice and fresh herbs for the perfect refreshing zest!
Enjoy this meal, and be sure to stop by The Seasoned Mom for even more simple, delicious, family-friendly recipes. I hope to see you there!
- 1 lb. small shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cooked (I buy the frozen, pre-cooked version for quick preparation)
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, pasta, green onion, bell pepper, celery, and peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture and toss until completely coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Looking for even more delicious summer salads for your next cookout? Try these: