Summer is here and nothing is better to me than a good Spaghetti Salad.
You know how much I love spaghetti, well pasta of any kind really and in a salad is perfect for those warm summer days. It’s perfect at a picnic because you don’t have to worry about the mayonnaise. Plus it’s so pretty and full of color. It goes with just about anything and it’s usually the first bowl emptied. But if there’s leftovers then Spaghetti Salad is great for lunch the next day! This salad gets better with time, as the flavors meld together.
I use Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette, but you can use your favorite Italian dressing instead. I put the seasoning that I use on the recipe, but alway season to your taste. I love the little kick from the vinaigrette and the pepperonici’s
Any pasta salad soaks up the dressing as it sits. So before serving mix it up and taste. You may need to add a little more dressing, I know I usually do, so I alway take the bottle with me to a picnic or BBQ to have on hand.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 can olives
- 1o oz. container cherub or grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup pepperoncini
- 1 Tbs. Mrs. Dash seasoning salt
- 1 Tbs. lemon pepper
- 8 oz. Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Cut tomatoes in half
- Peel and slice cucumber
- Drain olives and cut in half
- Peel and grate carrots
- Peel and cut avocado into chunks
- Slice pepperoncini
- Put pasta to large bowl with all your vegetables.
- Add seanioning and dressing and mix well.
- Chill for about 2 hours before serving.
You’ll want to pin this Spaghetti Salad to make for your next BBQ or picnic. Enjoy!
You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Enjoy the Memories,