Hello from Texas to everyone over at Memories by the Mile!! I hope that everyone is doing well today. It is the 3rd Thursday of the month which means I get to contribute a yummy recipe to all of you. For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Deanna and I am the creative brain behind Gloriously Made. I would absolutely love for you to stop over some time and say hello.
I am finding myself lately with mixed emotions about summer starting in just 2 weeks. I’m happy that I will be able to not have to rush out the door in the mornings like a crazy person trying to get my kids fed, dressed, and making sure all paperwork is signed all the while trying to get my caffeine fix for the morning. I’m also excited about all the new memories that we will make at the pool and taking new and exciting vacations. But on the other hand I am dreading the words I’M BORED… HE’S TOUCHING ME…. HE HIT ME… So I have decided to make myself a little treat and if everyone is sweet I will share it with my family because it is one of their most favorite desserts and I can’t wait to share it with all of you.
Toffee Ice Cream Bars to me are the greatest!! They are made from some of my favorite ingredients. Chocolate, vanilla ice cream bars, whipped topping, and toffee chips. Seriously to die for!! It’s also easy to make and you can keep it in the freezer and go back for more. It won’t dry out!! Just don’t leave it on the counter because it will melt…. So on the days that I’m hearing those dreaded words I can run to the freezer and cut myself a sliver and all will be right in the world again! I can’t wait for you to try these!
- 2 cups of chocolate syrup
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 22 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (12oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Pour 2 cups of chocolate syrup into a pot and warm. While chocolate is warming add ¾ cup of peanut butter to the chocolate syrup. Whisk until smooth and combined. Turn off heat and let reach back to room temperature.
- In a 9x13 pan place 11 ice cream bars into the bottom of the pan. You will have to cut a few of the bars for them to fit perfectly.
- Spread half of the whipped topping onto the top of the bars.
- Pour half of the chocolate and peanut butter syrup onto of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle chocolate with toffee bits.
- Repeat layers and freeze for 1 hr.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Remember, come by Gloriously Made and say hi! I’d love to meet you. Or you can follow me on all of my social channels to see what I’ve been up to lately.
Until next month!