Hi, friends! I’m glad to be back from The Seasoned Mom to share another tasty recipe with you all. These Healthy Peach Jam Bars are a nutritious make-ahead breakfast, an easy on-the-go snack, or even a light dessert! With only 5 simple ingredients, you can pull these crumb bars together in minutes and pack them up for all of your summer adventures.
Now that the warmer weather has officially arrived in Virginia and my older two boys have almost finished their year of preschool, we are spending most of our time outside enjoying the sunshine. With our energy focused on sports,
and basking in the rays,
I’m all about recipes that come together quickly, that can be enjoyed on the move, and that satisfy hungry appetites in a healthy way. And guess what? These slightly sweet, tender, crumbly bars fit the bill perfectly!
Let me tell you…these are not your average sugar-laden dessert bars. Instead, they are full of whole grains, healthy fats, fruit, and just a touch of sweetness. I think they’re perfect as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of coffee, my kids love them for breakfast, and my father-in-law (who was visiting for supper one evening when I had prepared the bars) thought that they were a delicious dessert. Pops even took a to-go box with him and assured me that he would hide them in his office so that he wouldn’t have to share them!
And my middle son, Casey, loves these goodies more than anyone!
Let’s just say that a tray of Healthy Peach Jam Bars does not last long in our house!
I hope that you have a chance to pull these bars together and enjoy a little break in the sunshine, too! And once Virginia’s peaches ripen later this summer, I can assure you that I will be adding some of the sweet, diced fresh fruit into these treats. That’s seasonal cooking at its best!
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted (can substitute butter)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (can substitute all-purpose flour)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 or 12-ounce) jar peach jam (I like to use a reduced-sugar version that is sweetened only with fruit juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place melted coconut oil (or butter) in a large bowl. Stir in flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt.
- Press about ¾ of the oat mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Gently dollop and spread peach jam onto crust. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture on top.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool completely before slicing and serving. I like to place my bars in the refrigerator so that they really firm up and are easy to slice!
If you like this recipe, be sure to visit my blog for many more tasty ideas and family-friendly adventures! You will find other healthy snacks and breakfasts that are perfect for the season, like these favorites:
Blair, you have the cutest little guys and family. I know our followers are going to love these Healthy Peach Jam Bars as much as your family does. We all want to try and eat healthier, right?
You can also follow Blair at any of these social media sites…