How about Orange Kale Salad is what’s on the blog today!
I love combining fruit in my salads and making my own vinaigrette to go along with what I put in the salad. With a son as a chef, he’s taught me to make the perfect vinaigrette, you can find the recipe here.
This Orange Kale Salad is full of flavor. From the creaminess of the goat cheese, to the juicy and citrus of the oranges, to the zip of the jalapeno, and of coarse the earthy flavor of the kale and broccoli. It’s one flavorful salad that just pops! Trust me on this one.
I first saw this salad on my favorite Food Network show, Pioneer Women. I needed t0 make a salad to take to my Aunt and Uncle for dinner and they are both on the Paleo diet. We love broccoli and I had all the rest of the ingredients so I put this together and we ALL loved it. I have made it several times since and it’s a hit every time.
Ingredients you will need…
1 bunch Kale, center stems discarded.
1 bunch Broccoli
1 whole Jalapeno, raw
4 ounces goat cheese or feta, I’ve used both.
Juice from 1 orange
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon honey
1 Tablespoon sour cream
For a printable recipe and the directions, see below!
This salad is one way to get those healthy greens in your family’s meal time with a lot of yummy flavor.
- 1 bunch kale, center stems discarded
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 whole jalapeno, raw
- 1 orange
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Juice from 1 orange
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- Finely shred kale and cut broccoli into peices.
- Peeled, section, and cut orange slices in halve.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove seeds, and sliced very thin.
- To make the dressing, combine the orange juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until combined, then add the sour cream and whisk until creamy.
- Toss together kale, broccoli, and jalapeno's.
- Add dressing to desired amount and toss well.
- Just before ready to serve add oranges and with a fork break goat cheese into chunks.
- If needed add a little more and toss again.
This Orange Kale Salad is one you won’t want to miss. From the creamy, juicy, and so much more. It’s one flavorful salad that just pops!
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Women
You can also follow me at the following…
Here are a few more salad recipes you may enjoy…