Today I’m sharing a recipe I’ve used as long as I can remember. The Best Peanut Butter Cookie, I made them as a child, a wife, a mother, and now a grandmother. This cookie has a lot of memories. Don’t you just love recipes like that? The ones that last forever and are passed down from generation to generation. They are the BEST, right!
What’s America’s favorite cookie, I thought Chocolate Chip would be at the top, what about you? But when I googled it, Peanut Butter was far ahead! I was surprised but not really because Peanut Butter has always been my favorite too! I have the Best Peanut Butter Cookie recipe out there, (in my family’s opinion). They’re soft, chewy, and delicious! Definitely a family favorite!
This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies. So if you have some members of the family that like chocolate chips, what I do is make a couple dozen then add some chocolate chips to the last couple of dozen and you please everyone! Both ways they turn out perfect every time.
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Cream together peanut butter, butter, and sugars.
- Beat in 2 eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamy mixture.
- Use a medium scoop or form into a ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to slightly flatten ball with criss cross makes.
- Bake for about 10 minutes till lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 - 2 minutes, then place on wire rack to cool.
I love hearing from you and be sure and let me know what your favorite cookie is! For me the best Peanut Butter Cookie is top of my list.
I’d love for you to keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here’s a few more of my favorite cookie recipes you may enjoy…