Hi friends! It’s Amy back from Little Dairy on the Prairie. Since I have guest posted here at Memories by the Mile a few times I feel like we are friends!
If you are looking for way to make your breakfast routine a little more simple, you are in the right place! Baked Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes are worth getting out of bed for, especially since you don’t have to stand in front of the griddle all morning!
Mornings on our dairy farm can be a little hectic. I’m sure not matter what your occupation, mornings are hectic. Some mornings I feel like I spend all of my time making sure everyone else has what they need. Of course there is lunch making, face wiping, homework finishing, pancakes to flip and last minute scheduling that needs to be taken care of. After I get all of my family sent on their way, I stop and realize that I’m the only one who hasn’t eaten breakfast.
One of things I love most about these pancakes is that they are baked! Baked pancakes are on of my favorite things! They mean I can carry on with my normal morning hustle while breakfast bakes! And, it allows me to sit down and actually eat breakfast with my family!
Not only are these pancakes a breeze to make, they are out of this world yummy! This has become a favorite go to breakfast at our house. Every melt in your mouth bite is bursting with blueberries! My family especially loves them served with strawberry syrup. It makes us feel like we are getting our servings of fruit everyday! Ha!
Give yourself the gift of a few extra minutes in the morning by baking these pancakes. Trust me, you are going to fall in love with these pancakes, and the extra time! This beats cold cereal any day!
- ½ c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 T. sugar
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. fresh blueberries
- 3 T. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice butter and put in a 9" x 13" baking pan. Put butter in oven for about 2 minutes while making pancake batter. Watch close and remove from oven as soon as butter is melted.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, or sifter.
- In a mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff.
- In another mixing bowl, mix ricotta, egg yolks, and sugar until combined. Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg yolk mixture.
- Fold blueberries into the batter.
- Then fold egg whites into pancake batter.
- Pour batter into the melted butter in the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
For more delicious recipes from Amy be sure and stop by her website,
Little Dairy on the Prairie.
You can also follow Amy at any of these social media sites…