Who loves to eat out? When we were raising our kids, it was a real treat to go out to eat, but I loved finding recipes that were different or a copy-cat from a favorite restuarant. How about you? Now that it’s just me and my hubby, it’s something we do probably to often! Being a food blogger it could be considered inspiration, right?
We went to Red Robin about a month ago and I was a little daring and had something different and BOY am I glad I did. This Black & Bleu Burger is a copy-cat from there. I usually don’t try something I’m not sure I’ll like. Sometimes I like blackened and I usually like bleu cheese so I just went for it. Now it’s my new favorite burger. I came home and thought about it a lot. So what does a food blogger do? Yep, I made my own. Now to be fair, Red Robin puts grilled onions on theirs and probably a lot of you like onions. I’m not an onion girl, so I ordered mine without. But if you like onions, then you might want to grill them with the mushrooms.
My Black & Bleu Burger has sautéed blackened Portobello mushrooms, a Bleu cheese sauce, Bleu cheese crumbles all on a grilled Ciabatta Bun. Not your ordinary burger, it’s absolutely fantastic, trust me!
Here’s the Recipe for my Red Robin Copy-Cat Black & Bleu Burger…
- 1 lb.ground beef
- 2 tsp.blackened seasoning
- 2 cups sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tbs.Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. mayonaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. Bleu cheese crumbles
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. butter
- Ciabatta bun
- In a medium heated skillet add butter and oil.
- Sautéed sliced portobello mushrooms, add blackened seasoning salt.
- Make a Bleu cheese sauce by adding Dijon mustard, mayonaise, Worcestershire, 3 Tbs. Bleu cheese.
- Mix all together and set aside.
- Form ground beef into 3 large burgers.
- Salt and pepper and place on grill or grill pan and cook until done, about 5 or 6 minutes on each side.
- Butter ciabatta bun on both sides and place on grill pan until lightly golden.
- Place on plate and add burger, sauce, blackened mushrooms, Bleu cheese crumbles, and top of bun.
Seriously my mouth is watering just writing this post. I know what I’m having tomorrow! Let me know how you like this Black & Bleu Burger
(with or without fries) cuz I’ll bet you’re gonna love the burger!
I’d love for you to keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here’s a few more recipes you may enjoy…