Hi everyone! It’s Amy from Little Dairy on the Prairie! I’m excited to be back sharing this yummy recipe with you today!
Happy Spring everyone! Doesn’t seeing buds on the tree and tulips begin to peek out of the ground make you happy? Me too! The sunny weather makes me crave fresh fruits and veggies! It also makes me start thinking about Easter…Easter dinner that is!
Deviled eggs seem to be one of those, love them or leave them, kind of things. I’m in the love them camp! A few years ago I had a little bit of ham leftover and I knew I wanted to try mixing it in with my deviled eggs! And how could you leave cheese out of the whole eggs and ham combo? I can’t, so I added a little grated cheddar cheese too. Let’s face it… you can’t go wrong with cheese!
All I did was chop the ham up pretty fine; I didn’t want too big of chunks in my smooth and creamy deviled eggs. I used the food processor to chop the ham. Remove ham from food processor. Next, I added the egg yolks and processed until they were smooth. In went the mayo and mustard, vinegar and a few spices. I gave it another whirl to combine. Add cheese and ham back to egg yolk mixture. Pulse only until combined. You don’t want to pulverize the cheese and ham!
If you have time you can pipe the filling into the eggs. As usual, I was in a hurry so I just scooped the filling in with my cookie scoop. It works great and its fast!
I like to garnish the tops of the eggs with a little more chopped ham, parsley and a little sprinkle of paprika!
These deviled eggs are one of the things I am assigned to bring to Easter dinner every year. They are also the first thing to fly off the buffet table! I love them for brunch or breakfast too!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. mustard
- dash salt and pepper
- ½ T. sugar
- ½ tsp. vinegar
- 4 T. finely chopped ham (additional for garnish if desired)
- 4 T. cheddar cheese, grated (additional for garnish if desired)
- parsley for garnish
- paprika for garnish
- Peel hard boiled eggs. Cut in half lengthwise.
- I chopped ham in my food processor before adding the other ingredients. Remove ham from food processor.
- Add egg yolks to food processor and process until smooth. times.
- Add mayo, mustard, salt and pepper, sugar and vinegar to food processor. Pulse until smooth and combined.
- Add ham and cheese and pulse a few times. Don't pulse too much or the ham and cheese will be pulverized and disappear!
- I used a cookie scoop to scoop the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. If you want the eggs to be pretty and fancy you could pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with additional ham, cheese, parsley and paprika.
- Refrigerate until serving.