Hi, friends! I’m excited to be back visiting from The Seasoned Mom today with another easy, family-friendly, nutritious dinner option to share with you. These Skinny Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls have all of the flavors that you love in a big, juicy burger – with none of the guilt! They’re easy to prep in advance, and they are perfect for both a healthy weeknight dinner and for a tasty party appetizer at your next March Madness get-together.
Who doesn’t love a bacon cheeseburger, right? I suppose I’m channeling warmer weather (and summer cook-outs) since it’s still chilly here in Virginia. Until we can really get out there and fire up the grill on a regular basis, we will be enjoying these crispy, cheesy, juicy bites – from the comfort of the indoors. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that they are light and lean, making them a very tasty way to get ready for bathing suit season!
My kids love finger foods that they can dip into just about anything. They also happen to love hamburgers. Needless to say, this dinner was a big hit! Even my husband, who is definitely a Grill Master/Burger Connoisseur, cleaned his plate and finished the left-overs for lunch the following day. It doesn’t matter that these baked egg rolls are healthy – they still taste delicious!
I also appreciate that the egg rolls are yet another meal (or party snack) that I can make in advance. In fact, I cooked the ground beef over the weekend and kept it in the refrigerator until I was ready to use it. Then, on the day that I wanted to serve these for dinner, I just assembled them in the morning while my two older boys were at preschool. I sprayed the tops with cooking spray and covered the baking sheet with plastic wrap before sticking it in the refrigerator. Then, when suppertime rolled around, the only thing left to do was pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes. That’s my kind of meal, and it’s one that my family just happens to love!
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and finely diced
- 6 tablespoons ketchup, plus additional for dipping
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 egg roll wrappers (I find mine in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store near the vegetarian meats like tofu)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up) and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook beef mixture until no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir cooked, diced bacon into the beef mixture.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture on the bottom third of one egg roll wrapper. Top with about 1 teaspoon of ketchup and sprinkle with about 1-2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese.
- Fold sides toward center and roll tightly. Tip: Keep the remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use. Place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray (this will help them turn golden brown and crispy in the oven).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Looking for even more family-friendly dinner options? Check out these favorites from my blog:
Don’t you just love Amy’s family recipes, I know this Skinny Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls recipe is going to be a keeper. She had me at Skinny, right!
You can also follow and keep in touch with Blair at any of her social media sites…