Delicious French Toast, I promise!
Okay, I’m going to just start right out and tell you how much I LOVE this Delicious French Toast! I had to add the delicious to the title because it is just that DELICIOUS! It’s rich, nutty, full of flavor, and did I say delicious! Seriously, you don’t need anything else on the menu, it fills you up, satisfies your taste buds, and lasts till your next meal.
It’s made with Challah bread, which is a Jewish braided bread made with eggs. I’ve also seen Challah bread called egg bread, so you can see why it’s works so well for french toast, right! But then add the pecans and a dollop of butter, syrup is optional, and you have the perfect bite. No, I didn’t make the Challah bread, I bought it at Harmon’s a grocery store here in Utah. But I’m sure you can get it at other grocery stores with bakery’s.
You can see how moist and rich this Challah bread looks, not to mention how pretty it is. Have you ever had Challah bread?
- Challah bread
- 3 eggs (room temperature is best)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Slice the Challah bread about ¾-inch thick slices.
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, brown sugar.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Dip bread in egg mixture.
- On medium heat, spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray and place soaked bread.
- Cook slices until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, then flip to the other side.
- Place on plate, top with butter.
- Serve with favorite syrup.
If you want a hearty, yummy, and magical breakfast, try this delicious French toast.
You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.