Here’s the thing, I bought this new cast iron pan the other day and LOVE IT! I love how pretty it cooks any meat! So I thought I’d start with chicken breasts and wanted to make a Chicken Cordon Bleu Salad and boy was is worth it. You know how I love salad’s the prettier the better. I enjoy putting things together to make a delicious salad. I love Chicken Cordon Bleu so why not make it healthier and make it into a salad, right! Grilling the chicken breasts was the perfect idea for making them look cooked to perfection! Then add all the other ingredients with a tasty stone ground mustard vinaigrette to top it off and you have a wonderful meal rather it’s lunch or dinner. The best part is the whole thing is ready in under 30 minutes.
Don’t you just love those grill marks, they just make the chicken look so yummy. All I do is add a little canola oil and salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Depending on the thickness of your chicken breast. If they’re thick you may want to butterfly them.
- 2 to 3 Chicken breast
- 1 small pkg. Canadian bacon
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. stone ground mustard
- ½ tsp. finely minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1 Tbs. water
- Salt and pepper chicken breast and grill on 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let set for a few minutes.
- Grill Canadian bacon lightly on both sides, then slice into strips.
- Clean, dry, and chop romaine lettuce and place on platter.
- Slice tomato and place on platter.
- Add the grated cheese and sliced Canadian bacon on platter.
- Slice chicken breast into strips and place them in the center of your salad.
- Making the Stone Ground Vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients into a jar and shake or whisk until mixed.
- Drizzle over salad and serve.
This is a healthy and easy salad that is full of flavor and perfect for a full meal. I hope you enjoy my Chicken Cordon Bleu Salad.
You can also follow me at the following…
Here are a few more recipes you may enjoy…