Let me share a little quirk I have. I LOVE food, all kinds of food. But I sometimes have to get my head around something, like sushi, or wild meat, or sometimes just a funny name that I don’t know what it is, like hummus. For some reason didn’t think I liked it. Even when I finally got my head around that it’s beans! Really, I LOVE beans! But until I made it for myself and saw the ingredients, it was just one of those things I was kind of picky about. I know, I’m weird. But let me tell you Hummus is really good and SO EASY to make.
This Avocado Hummus is a must try! Like I said it is fresh, easy, and pretty good for you! If you need a quick and easy appetizer for company or a healthy snack, try making this Avocado Hummus. You simply put it all in a food processor and pulse for a couple of minutes and serve. What could be easier? I have used chickpeas in place of the cannellini beans and they’re good too!
Author: Wanda Ann | Memories by the Mile
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocadoes, seeded, peeled and quartered
- ½ packed cup kale
- ⅓ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Taste to add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl and serve with crackers, chips or celery sticks.
Do you have any food quirks? Please let me know I’m not the only one. Let me know how you like this Avocado Hummus. If you like guacamole, then you will love this too!
You can also follow me at the following…
Here are a few more recipes you may enjoy…