I am Abeer from Cakewhiz.com and I am so excited to be a part of Wanda Ann’s monthly contributor team.
As my blog name suggest, I am obsessed with cake… baking it, decorating it and eating it! 😉
But, I have a major sweet tooth and you can find me making other sweet stuff too such as cookies, brownies, puddings and so on…
I made this fabulous chocolate chip banana cake over the weekend and I knew that everyone needs to have a bite of this cake ASAP! 😀
This moist cake is a great way to use up those ugly, over-ripe bananas!
It’s bursting with the rich and fruity flavor of bananas and LOADED with dark chocolate chips.
Then, it’s topped off with melted white chocolate, shredded coconut, sprinkles and some cute smiley face m&m candies.
Even my little one approved of this cake and he never approves of anything that’s made with bananas…hahah 😉
He was also pretty fascinated with those smiley face candies and couldn’t stop eating them…lol.
Btw, those are really easy to make… I just used a black edible marker to draw smiley faces on yellow m&m’s.
- CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp additional flour
- DECORATION INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup melted white chocolate
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Colorful sprinkles
- Smiley face m&m candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a deep bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix everything with a wooden spoon. Keep this dry mixture aside for now.
- In an another deep mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Mix until you have a creamy mixture.
- Now, add sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Mix again until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Finally, add the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix everything until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 tbsp flour and chocolate chips. Mix with a spoon until the chocolate chips are properly coated with the flour.
- Fold these chocolate chips into your batter.
- Then, pour this batter into two 8x2 round cake pans (greased and floured). Bake for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick coms out clean.
- Once the cakes have cooled down, pour melted white chocolate on top of them. Sprinkle some shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Finally, toss some sprinkles and smiley face candies.
- And you are done!
I hope you guys try this recipe and let me know what you think!
And if you are looking for more ideas to use up over-ripe bananas, check out some of these tasty recipes:
I always seem to have ripe banana’s around, so I can’t wait to make this loaded chocolate chip banana cake, smiley faces and all
You can also follow Abeer at any of her social media sites…