If you want an intensely chocolate (basically dessert but we’ll call it a muffin) muffin, this is the recipe for you.
Be sure to stop by my blog for more recipes like this! Or keep an eye out for my next recipe post over here at Memories By The Mile next month.
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder (regular)
- 2 tbs dark cocoa powder (optional, you may use 2 tbs of regular cocoa powder)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup strong coffee (you may use 1 tsp instant coffee mixed with ¼ cup hot water)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, both cocoa powders, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and together until thoroughly combined. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips and gently toss the rest into the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and oil. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened, then add hot coffee. Gently stir until everything is just combined. You don't want to over-mix or you will have tough muffins.
- Scoop batter (I like to use an ice cream scoop) into prepared muffin tin ¾ to the top, don't be afraid to fill them. Sprinkle a few of the reserved chocolate chips on top of each well of batter and gently press them down. Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. Allow muffins to cool in hot pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish.
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins will stay fresh for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Muffins can be frozen up to 3 months.*
OMG! I’m in love with these Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, how about you? Thank you Jessica for sharing them!
Be sure and stop by Sprinkle Some Sugar to see more of her yumminess. You can also follow Jessica at any of her social media sites…
Have a great day,