Cinnamon Apple Streusel Muffins
Are you ready for something really good, a scrumptious treat?
We love taking treats in the truck, something that is homemade and easy to store. Each week I try to make something yummy and delicious, that will crave our appetite for junk food. Last week I had a boxed cinnamon muffins mix and so I decided to add my own touch to it and spruce it up for a delicious blog post. (The life of a blogger, always thinking about the next post.) Anyway, you know how I LOVE Honey Crisp Apples, I always have them to take with us when I drive and I LOVE streusel. So that’s what I made Cinnamon Apple Streusel Muffins and OH were they GOOD! They were so moist and full of all the good fall flavors, apple, cinnamon, and walnuts. They had just the right amount of sweet from the glaze on top. I may or may not have ate more than my share. Is three to many at one time? I couldn’t wait to share them with you. This is a really easy recipe and takes hardly any time and boy are they worth it!
- 1 package cinnamon muffin mix
- 1 large honey crisp apple
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup Tbs. brown sugar
- 4 tsp. flour
- 1 Tbs. melted butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 to 2 Tbs. milk
- In a bowl prepare mix according to muffin directions.
- Add chopped apple and lightly stir.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups ¾ full.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour, and butter. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350* for 20 - 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix up the glaze and set aside.
- Cool for 5 minutes then drizzle glaze over warm muffins.
If you like apples, streusel, you’ll love these Cinnamon Apple Streusel Muffins, I promise!
#streusel #muffins #apple #fallrecipes #memoriesbythemile
See you tonight at 6:00 P.M. MST for Treasure Box Tuesday…
You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here are a few more recipes you may enjoy…