What are you making for Halloween Dinner? I’ve got a perfect meal for you’re little ghosts and vampires, even the princesses and witches will love this dinner. Ghoulish Meatballs and Slime Spaghetti with Halloween Shirley Temple’s. They’re going to love it and it’s something you can make the day before or in the morning and put together just before you need it. I know when we had little trick or treaters at home, I needed something that first they would eat, because they were so excited for the evening activities. Second, something that I could pull together quickly and feel like they were eating something good before all the treats. So here’s your answer, FUN, YUMMY, and EASY!
If you’re going to a party and need an appetizer, these Ghoulish Meatballs are perfect for that too! So either way I’ve got you covered!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 8 oz, can tomato sauce with basil, garlic & oregano
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- large green olives
- black olives
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together, except olives.
- By spoonful, roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Slice green olives and press into the center of you meatball adding the piece of black olive to the center, making it look like an eyeball.
- Place the rest of the olives in a small bowl to serve with dinner or appetizers.
- Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place on serving dish with your favorite marinara sauce and you have these delicious but ghoulish meatballs, perfect for Halloween.
For the Slime Spaghetti (it’s not slimy, just the color of slime) I just added a few drops of fall green food coloring to the water when it was done cooking. The kids love it that color!
The Halloween Shirley Temples, I use Sprite and filled a syringe full of Grenadine and placed it in the clear plastic cups. You can purchase Grenadine at Walmart or most any Gorcery Store. For the syringes, I purchased mine at a pharmacy, they were very inexpensive.
Happy Trick or Treating my friends! Enjoy these Ghoulish Meatballs anytime as an appetizer or a meatball with pasta.
You can add the olives chopped and mixed along with the other ingredients when it’s not Halloween and you don’t need them to look so ghoulish.
These meatballs are moist, flavorful, and delicious!
I’d love for you to keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here are a few more quick and easy recipes you may enjoy…