Ok, so I’m sitting here at my computer editing this picture and had to go and get myself a slice of this pie!! I’m not kidding! This pie is now replacing my love for my Thanksgiving pecan pie. I mean seriously, can you see the sweet layers of pecans, melted chocolate chips, and then the amazing layer of melted toffee bits?!?!?! I mean for realz folks! Life doesn’t get better than this slice right here!!
Last weekend my sons school had a bake sale and his Kindergarten class was in charge of bringing pies. I wanted my pie to stand out and make an impression because I was going to be putting a Gloriously Made tag on my pie to ahem… spread all things glorious through the neighborhood of course. I knew immediately what I wanted to impress the neighbors with and this Chocolate Chip Pie was going to be it! It’s super easy too (which is reason number 2 that I made this pie). I should of taken a picture of the pie all wrapped up in twine and my new cute tag but I was in a rush out the door and forgot. Next time, I’m sure Better Home & Gardens will be knocking on my door any minute for my big break!! 😉
- 1 pie crust (I used Pillsbury already made crust)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark Karo Corn Syrup
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup toffee bits
- 1¾ cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, salt, & melted butter. Set aside.
- In your already prepared pie shell layer your chocolate chips, toffee bits, and pecans.
- Pour the combined wet ingredients over your layers.
- To prevent your crust from burning or becoming too brown be sure to cover the edges in foil.
- Place your pie in your preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 25 minutes.
Please come and visit me over at Gloriously Made and say hello. I love hearing from you! If you would like up to date recipes and home decor projects please be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Pinterest.
See you all soon,
Other Glorious Desserts you might love: