Happy FALL everyone! How was your Labor Day Weekend? I hope you had an enjoyable long weekend.
Have you ever made a Verrine? Have you ever heard of one? I’m sharing a recipe for a delicious dessert of fun fall colors, Melon Mango Verrine.
Have you heard of a verrine before?
A verrine is a small glass container with no base, that highlights layers. The ingredient are layered and can be sweet or savory, hot or cold, raw or cooked, custardy or whipped, creamy or liquidy. It can be an appetizer or dessert. The word, which translates to “protective glass” in French, refers to a trend that began in France a decade ago that has spread to the United States.
Have you ever tried a verrine?
Well my verrine is bringing some of my favorite fruits and flavors together is this pretty Melon Mango Verrine. Let me know how you like it.
- 1 small honeydew
- 2 mangoes
- 2 oranges
- 4 Tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 pkg. unflavored geletin
- 1 pint heavy cream
- orange zest
- Peel and cut 1 mango, 1 orange, and half the melon into squares and place in bowl. Squeeze juice from the other orange over the fruit and add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Mix and place in refrigerator till needed. (Save orange peel for zest)
- Coarsely chop the rest of the melon and the other mango and place in a food processor or blender to puree. Add unflavored geletin and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and warm over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar and geletin is fully dissolved, about 2 or 3 minutes. Add ¾ cup of the cream and stir well. Place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes to cool down. Don’t let it set up.
- Beat remainder of the heavy cream till stiff peaks adding 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- In four clear glasses, begin layering. First layer the geletin mixture, second layer whipped cream, third layer the fruit mixture, and last a spoonful of whipped cream. Top with orange zest and a few pieces of chopped fruit.
- Refrigerator till set up, about 2 hours.
- Serve with a cookie in you like.
This Melon Mango Verrine is bringing some of my favorite fruits and flavors together is this pretty and flavorful dessert. Let me know how you like it!
This Melon Mango Verrine was first shared at This Silly Girl’s Life where I contribute.
See you tonight at 6:00 P.M. MST for Treasure Box Tuesday…
You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here are a few other recipes you may enjoy…