German Chocolate Brownies

German Chocolate Brownies - Memories by the Mile

We love my German Chocolate Brownies at our house, with or without frosting. Half of us like nuts the other don’t, so I usually make them just that way, half and half. I aim to please! Brownies are always a quick, easy, and delicious treat or dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth or chocolate craving and easy to take with you to any picnic or party.

Last weekend we were at the sand dunes enjoying the beautiful summer weather and 4th of July weekend! So I quickly made up a pan of brownies to take with us. Their moist and delicious and always a crowd pleaser. I don’t always put frosting on them, these German Chocolate Brownies are moist and delicious enough to stand on their own, so I just sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar and call them done.

German Chocolate Brownies 1

German Chocolate Brownies

2 squares BAKER’S GERMAN’S Sweet Chocolate, melted and cooled
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 egg yokes
1/4 milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 egg whites

Spray 9×12 pan with cooking spray and spread mixture evenly. Bake in 350* oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.

German Chocolate Brownies

• ⅔ cup flour
  • ½ tsp. baking powder
  • ½ salt
  • ½ cup chopped pecans
  • 2 egg whites
Instructions
  1. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks, milk, vanilla and mix. Stir in melted chocolate. Add dry ingredients and mix together. Stir in chopped nuts, then fold in egg whites..
  2. Spray 9x12 pan with cooking spray and spread mixture evenly. Bake in 350* oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
  3. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.

Okay, now you are going to want to head over to This Silly Girl’s Life and see what I have done with these German Chocolate Brownies. It’s to die for, seriously my Individual Decadent Brownie Trifles were the hit of the weekend! I’m sharing how to make them at This Silly Girl’s Life. You’ll want to pin them to make at your next party or just for you, their individual trifles.

Individual Decadent Brownie Trifles

See you tonight at 6:00 P.M. MST for Treasure Box Tuesday…

You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.

FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN INSTAGRAM | GOOGLE+

Signature

Here are a few more recipes you may enjoy…

Grandmas Chocolate Sauce

Rocky Road Bars

Chocolate Mint Cake with Chocolate Frosting

Comments

• says

// 37.338369 -121.885795 Share this:ShareEmailFacebookStumbleUponDiggTwitterLinkedInPinterestRedditPrintGoogle +1Like this:Like13 bloggers like this. By Ewa “Mom Photographer” Posted in 365 Project, Family Stories, Kids Photography, Motherhood, Photography, Self-portrait Tagged 365 pjeorct, Children, motherhood, Olive Garden, Photo shoot, Photography, portrait, self portrait 15

• says

Astro LOVE IT!!!!! If I wouldn’t have getton the why do we need these small springforms and the mini-cheesecake pan (like a muffin tin but for cheesecakes)? it would be on the way to my house right now! Instead I have to wait and see if Santa brings it

1. Cynthia Landrie says

German Chocolate Cake and brownies? Sounds like the perfect combination! Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

• says

My wife is pregnant and she has this itnlsiabae craving for fudge brownies. Being a man, what do I know about baking, right? I looked for the simplest brownie recipe online and came across this guide. Good thing it was able to differentiate a cake brownie from a fudge brownie or else I would be wasting all the effort. My first try was a miss but I think I finally got the secret. Baking brownies all for the sake of my first born.

2. says

Oh Wanda Ann, these look so amazingly yummy that I shared on all social media and featured on my fb page. Thanks for linking up at Wonderful Wed Blog Hop. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow. AND, thanks for all your support and bloggy friendship over the year.

• says

My kids look at me weird if I offer banana bread that is minus the ctloocahe chips I like baking them as muffins because it takes less time but a loaf just always makes for such a great gift!

• says

Rhiannon – I got the cake cases at my local cake supplies shop (sorry, that’s not very hepfull is it?) The brand name is “Easybake”Jennifer – my brownie mix was a Ghiradelli one, they are the best ever :)

• says

Can you do a video about losing wgehit/fat but in the context of carbohydrates, fat and cal? I just heard a couple of weeks ago that a decrease of carbohydrates will result in fat loss. I always though that only fat and cal will result in wgehit/fat loss. Some say that you can’t actually get fat of fat as long as you take good fats I actually hope you can explain the difference of carbohydrates, fat and cal and what the best option(s) is/are for losing wgehit/fat.That would be great.

3. says

German Chocolate cake was my favorite when I was a kid, and I haven’t had it in years. I KNOW I will love these brownies! Pinning this now! And I will stumble them too! If you have a free moment, I would love it if you would come link them up (or any other favorite recipes) at Foodie Fridays!

4. says

These do look delicious and the Trifle is truly decadent! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend! ~Deborah

5. says

Stopping over from Snickerdoodle Sunday, which I was honored to co-host this week. These look FANTASTIC- I’m a German Chocolate Cake fan myself, so I will definitely have to try these. Thank you so much for linking up with us this week!

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

• says

is Keith’s sister.a0 I phhergoapotd Keith’s family a number of times now, most recently here.a0 Alison and Joe got engaged over the summer on a relaxing trip together in the Caribbean and I

6. says

These looks so chocolaty! :-) I don’t think they would be too hard to convert to gluten free either, I will have to try this recipe soon!
    Thanks for linking up in the Bloggers Brag Party at Surviving Toddlerhood. Come back soon!

• says

I love brownies. Brownies are my most fratvioe snack food in the world. My older sister used to bake brownies for me but since she went to college last summer, I miss her and I miss her brownies a lot. So I looked for an easy brownie recipe and found this online. By following the steps, I was able to bake my first batch successfully.

• says

Jay that’s funny and what your roommate did with the edge of the brnweios that night? Totally sounds like something I would do (and probably have done!). Hopefully, your roommate find the pan and gets one for his own household because my guess would be, to this day he’s still terrorizing brownie pans everywhere! Heh.(PS thanks for the email about the Top commentators plugin.. I took a look and it should be fixed up now. I hadn’t even noticed!)

7. says

Thank you for sharing your fantastic recipe on #TheWeekendSocial ! I am always thrilled to see your amazing contributions to the Link Party! I hope to see you again this Thursday at 9 PM EST.
    XoXo
    Heidy L. McCallum

• says

that what really tblruoes me is when my partner browsing on the net for dirty internet sites similar to: Thats a thing i can NOT deal with, so if any of you is on the market, which has a good sense of humor, can truthfully discuss their inner thoughts and supply a stable atmosphere, and is NOT addicted to online p0rrn then please prepare me a quick introduction email, a photo would certainly be appreciated as well. I ll swear you, that it will be the best thing what taken place in your existence, as long you are sincere with me. 18b