I seriously LOVE summer and spending time with my family. We are enjoying 4 of our grandchildren this week at the sand dunes out of Saint Anthony, Idaho. The weather hasn’t been that great, but we are still enjoying them. They bring the sunshine to my world, so let it rain! Okay, seriously I want it to warm up so we can play on the 4 wheelers without freezing. Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny and warm, YAY! But food wise we are eating lots of good, yummy treats. This is one of them, my Chocolate Caramel Brownies.
These Chocolate Caramel Brownies are so moist and chocolaty, with just enough caramel to make them even better! They will be a hit with you family and friends.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 teas. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 (1oz.) squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1¼ cup flour
- caramel sauce
- caramel sauce
- 4 (1 oz.) squares white chocolate
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together.
- Blend in chocolate, then stir in flour. Place in 9 x 12 greased pan.
- Swirl in caramel sauce and use small spatula to gently swirl around.
- Don't mix it! Bake in 325* oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Cut into squares and place on serving plate.
- To melt white chocolate squares place in deep small bowl and place in a shallow pan of water.
- Place on stove and heat just to melt chocolate. Only takes a minute or so.
- Add 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce and stir.
- With a spoon drizzle frosting back and forth across top of brownies.
I first shared these Chocolate Caramel Brownies over at Shauna’s blog, The Best Blog Recipes. Be sure and check out her awesome blog.
Okay, don’t they look good? Seriously, I could have almost ate them all before we even left home! Let me know how you like them and please share them and pin them for your next picnic or family outing. You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here are a couple of other summer recipes you may want to check out…