Happy Memorial Day!
We had a great time and accomplished a lot. We finished two BIG projects at home so it felt more like Labor Day. But I’m glad to have them done and it was nice to be home. It’s BBQ season and we have been doing a lot of it lately. Today I’m sharing a taste Kalbi Barbecue Pork recipe.
Kalbi is a Korean marinated dish that you can use for pork or beef ribs. This Kalbi Barbecue Pork is so delicious, it’s a savory barbecue sauce, not sugary. But don’t confuse it with teriyaki, it’s a taste all its own.
We love to barbecue and we’re fortunate enough to live in Southern Utah where we can do it all year round. But in the summer months it’s especially nice not to heat up the house and to eat outdoors. I love that it’s less clean up too!
- 3 lbs. Country Style Pork Ribs
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons Ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- pinch of salt pinch of white pepper
- ¼ cup finely sliced green onions
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients except ribs and last three. Place ribs in a large Ziplock bag and add marinade. Zip closed and place bag in a bowl in the refrigerator for about 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove from Ziplock bag and place on tin foil and cook on grill for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Thicken the remainder of the marinade with corn starch and brush on ribs as you are grilling.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped roast red peppers, and chopped green onion.
Give this Kalbi Barbecue Pork a try, if you like barbecue sauce, you’re going to love it.
See you tonight at 6:00 P.M. MST for Treasure Box Tuesday…
You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.
Here are a couple more great recipes for a BBQ you may enjoy…