What is at the end of your rainbow? Golden Cupcakes with Golden Butter Frosting! Well that’s what is at our house this year. We love celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at our house. Luck of the Irish, shamrocks and 4 leaf clovers, Corn Beef and Cabbage and everything GREEN! We love it all!
These Golden Cupcakes with Golden Butter Frosting are melt in your mouth good. The frosting has a buttery caramel flavor. Rich and Yummy that any little leprechaun would love.
- For Cupcakes:
- ½ cup butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- For Frosting:
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup half and half
- yellow food coloring
- gold sugar sprinkles
- Cream together softened butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix till fluffy, then add vanilla.
- Gradually mix in all dry ingredients alternating with milk.
- Mix well.
- Place in cupcake liners or greased cupcake pan, filling ⅔ of the way up.
- Bake at 350* for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- For frosting:
- Melt butter and on low heat, cook till golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Blend in half and half till thick and creamy.
- Add coloring and mix well.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with gold sugar sprinkles.
Wishing all of you a magical March, when spring is in the air and who knows there might be a golden cupcakes with golden butter frosting at the end of a rainbow.
Be sure and stop by tomorrow for Treasure Box Tuesday and party with us. We have some awesome features!
You can also keep in touch and follow me through any of these social media sites
Here are a couple other St. Patrick’s Day recipes you may enjoy…