Hi Friends! It’s Deanna from Gloriously Made, Wanda Ann’s first Thursday of the month contributor. It’s great to be back. Today I am sharing a delicious Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup that will help keep you warm. It is full of flavor and is so comforting with every bite. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do. I would love to get to know some of Wanda’s followers. I’d love for you to stop by Gloriously Made and leave me a message. Have a great weekend.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) Rotel diced tomatoes and jalapenos
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen corn
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (10 ounce) Enchilada sauce
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add the chicken broth and ½ cup milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth.
- Return to heat. Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- In a crockpot, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper.
- Place 2 chicken breasts on top of the mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and chicken broth mixture . Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into the soup.
- Top with cheese and serve.
- The soup can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.
Source: So Tasty So Yummy
More Glorious recipes you might like: