Utah is our last state in the Tuesday Trivia State Series. I started with the state I was born in Wyoming and I wanted to end in the state I live in Utah.
So let’s get started with the last Tuesday Trivia Utah Link Party!
became our 45th state on January 4th, 1896.
1. Salt Lake City is the state capital and the biggest city in Utah.
2. Utah’s nickname is the “Beehive State”.
3. The Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City took 40 years to complete. The Mormon temples in St. George, Manti and Logan Utah were completed before the Salt Lake Temple.
St. George Temple
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has its head offices in Utah.
4. Great Salt Lake was found in 1824 by Jim Bridger. The Great Salt Lake covers 2,100 square miles, with an average depth of 13 feet. The deepest point is 34 feet.
5. The hugest structure made from natural rocks, Rainbow Bridge, is in Utah.
Rainbow Bridge, Nature’s abstract sculpture carved of solid sandstone, is the world’s largest natural-rock span. It stands 278 feet wide and 309 feet high.
6. Completion of the world’s first transcontinental railroad was celebrated at Promontory where the Central Pacific and Union Pacific Railroads met on May 10, 1869. It is now known as Golden Spike National Historic Site.
7. Utah’s snow is unusually dry, earning it the reputation of having the world’s greatest powder. There are 14 ski resorts in Utah.
8. Utah has five national parks: Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, Bryce and Capitol Reef.
9. Utah has seven national monuments: Cedar Breaks, Natural Bridges, Dinosaur, Rainbow Bridge, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Timpanogos Cave and Hovenweep.
10.Utah has two national recreation areas: Flaming Gorge and Glen Canyon.
To recap or see any of the states you may have missed go here.
I really enjoyed Tuesday Trivia on all 50 states this year. Thank you for all your comments and support and a BIG thank you for those that shared your photo’s.
2014 is bringing a few changes…So be sure and stop by next week!
Now It’s Time to Party
So Here We Go…
Link up your vacation, recipes, crafts or anything else (family friendly)
I LOVE it all! Link up your specific post.
Please make sure to share the love and place a button on your blog or party page.
By linking up to Tuesday Trivia, you are giving permission to feature your projects and recipes with a link back to you.
I can’t wait to see what you share. Let’s have fun and take
Tuesday Trivia Utah Link Party out with a bang. Share it with all your friends.
Happy New Year’s Eve
Enjoy the Memories,