Grandmas Carrot Orange Cookies
What are your favorite cookies? For me it’s my Grandmas Carrot Orange Cookies. They are soft, moist, flavorful, and absolutely the best cookie ever! They are also my favorite daughter, Deena’s favorite cookie too! Carrot Orange Cookies are perfect for Christmas cookies but really they are good to make any time of the year and trust I do!
My Grandma Zimmerman made these cookies whenever I visited her. They are heavenly and I’m sure your going to love them. When my kids were growing up, I always had to hide the fact that carrots were in them. But they soon became their favorites too, well at least Deena’s!
I so wish you could just reach in a take one. Well plan B is head into the kitchen and make up a batch. You won’t be sorry you did! Let me know what you think and what your favorite cookie is?
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup grated (cooked) carrots
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup juice from orange
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Cream sugar and butter together.
- Add everything else and mix together.
- Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- While cookies are baking mix together ingredients for frosting.
- Remove cookies from over and place on wire rack to cool.
- Frost while cookies are warm.
Tips: You can also use canned carrot and don’t over bake them. Trust me on this, these are the best cookies ever! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.