Welcome to Tuesday Trivia Missouri and Link Party. Let’s get started…
Missouri became our 24th state on August 10, 1821.
1. Jefferson City is the capital and the biggest city is Kansas City.
2. Missouri is nicknamed “The Show-Me State”.
3. Jefferson National Expansion Memorial consists of the Gateway Arch, the Museum of Westward Expansion, and
St. Louis’ Old Courthouse. The Arch is a 630-foot stainless steel arch monument in honor of the western pioneers. Construction of the Arch
began in 1963 and was completed on October 28, 1965. The Arch has foundations sunken 60 feet into the ground, and is built to withstand
earthquakes and high winds. It sways up to one inch in a 20 mph wind, and is built to sway up to 18 inches.
4. St. Louis offers more free, major visitor attractions than anyplace outside of the nation’s capital. These include the Saint Louis
Art Museum, Saint Louis Zoo, Cahokia Mounds, Museum of Westward Expansion, St. Louis Science Center, Missouri History Museum,
Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Grant’s Farm and more.
5. Kansas City has more miles of boulevards than Paris and more fountains than any city except Rome.
6. Kansas City has more miles of freeway per capita than any metro areawith more than 1 million residents.
7. Branson and the Tri-Lakes area serves up to 65,000 visitors daily. Branson has been a “rubber tire” destination with the vast majority
of tourists arriving by vehicles, RVs and tour buses. Branson has also become one of America’s top motor coach vacation destinations with an
estimated 4,000 buses arriving each year.
8. Mark Twain, born Samuel Langhorne Clemens in Florida, Missouri. Twain grew up in Hannibal which provided the setting for
Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer.
9. At the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904, Richard Blechyden, served tea with ice and invented iced tea.
10. The ice cream cone was invented at the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904. An ice cream vendor ran out of cups and asked a waffle vendor
to help by rolling up waffles to hold ice cream.
FYI: Kansas City is nicknamed the “Barbecue Capital of the World”.
Now it’s time to party!
So Here We Go…
Link up pictures of your state or places where you love to vacation.
You can also link up your recipes, crafts or anything else (family friendly)
I LOVE it all!
Can’t wait to see what you share!
Next week Tuesday Trivia will be in Ohio
Enjoy the Memories,