While on our vacation, my sister-in-law brought her yummy
Magic Cookie Bars
As you can see we were four wheeling. Had a great time and ate like kings. This is the first of many recipes I’ll be sharing from our our vacation. These bars work well for traveling or taking to a picnic. Just place them in a air tight container and your set. They’re moist, chewy, chocolaty, with lots of texture.
I think your family is going to love these as much as I did.
Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temp.
- 1½ cups of gram cracker crumbs
- 1 cube of butter, melted
- 1 can of eagle sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 2 cups semi sweet chips
- 1⅓ c of flaked coconut
- 1 c chopped nuts, walnut or pecan or your favorite nut
- Heat oven to 350*
- Coat 13x9 baking pan with no-stick spray.
- Combine the melted butter and crumbs and press into the baking pan, pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crumb mixture. Layer evenly with the chips, coconut and nuts and press down firmly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned and cool.
- Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temp.
You can also keep in touch with me at any of the following social media sites.