Fruit Cocktail Cake
2 cups flour 2 tsp. soda
1 1/2 cups sugar 1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups fruit cocktail and juice 2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup evaporated can milk 1/2 cup butter
1 cup coconut 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (your preference)
Boil about 7 minutes until thick. Add coconut and nuts. Pour over cake while frosting is hot.
This is a moist and yummy cake anytime of the year, but it’s a fun spring time cake for a change. This fruit cocktail cake literally took me 5 minutes to mix together and then baking time. I made the frosting while the cake was baking and frosted it. I let the frosting sit up just a few minutes so it’s a little thicker. I used walnuts in my frosting, but pecans or sliced almonds are good as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. soda
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fruit cocktail and juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup evaporated can milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (your preference)
- Beat all together and then add fruit.
- Bake in 350* oven for 30 to 35 minutes in 2 -8″ round cake pan or 9 x 13 pan.
- For Frosting:
- Boil about 7 minutes until thick.
- Add coconut and nuts.
- Pour over cake while frosting is hot.