Tuesday Trivia–WASHINGTON

Washington Welcome

Welcome to Tuesday Trivia Washington

The Evergreen State

1.Washington became our 42nd state November 11, 1889.

1230_4521869562946_181932778_n[1]
Mt. Baker
2. Washington is the 18th biggest state is the United States and the 13th most populous of our 50 states.
Approximately 60% OF Washington’s residents live in the Seattle metropolitan area. Olympia is the state capital and Seattle is the largest city.

photo[2]
3. It is the only state named after a United States President.
  4. Seattle’s Pike Place Market was opened August 17, 1907. It overlooks the Elliott Bay waterfront
and is one of the oldest continually operated farmers markets in the U.S.
100_2995
5. Washington produces one billion bushels of apples
 a year, more than any other state. ( Honey Crisps are my personal favorite, just saying!)
100_2994
Rainier Cherries are a personal favorite too!
 6. Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is an annual event held the month of April.

DSC_0018[2]

7. Mount Rainier is the highest point in Washington at 14,410 ft. above sea level.
Mt. Rainier 2[1]
8. Grand Coulee Dam lights more homes than any other United States source of water-powered electricity.
It is the largest Dam and concrete structure in the U.S.

temp%20033[1]
9. The world’s largest building is the Boeing 747 plant in Everett. It can hold six 747 jumbo jets.
10. Puget Sound’s many islands are served by the largest passenger and automobile ferry fleet
in the United States and the 3rd largest in the world by fleet size.
100_2736_0001
The ferry service is also the largest in the world based on number of vehicles carried, having carried 11 million annual.
100_2719_0001
Many cruise ships go out of there too.
165215_1659666024635_2844817_n[1]

I know I am just sharing a small amount about each state.

But I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am! I will be back Thursday
to share a little more and some of my favorite link ups.

Now it’s time to party!

So Here We Go…Party Rules:

Link up pictures of your state or places where you love to vacation.
You can also link up your recipes.
I love it all!

Please link back to Memories by the Mile or Button Up here!

Can’t wait to see what you share!

Next week is IDAHO.

Remember if you would like me to feature your pictures in the
Tuesday Trivia
please e-mail me at memoriesbythemile@gmail.com

Enjoy the Memories,

Wanda Ann

Comments

1. says

I didn't have any specific vacation photos from Washington (we had a few on our Alaska blog, but nothing that special), so I linked up 3 apple recipes since Washington is famous for apples. Idaho is going to be more challenging…either I need to dig out some OLD family photos (I am guessing I was about 8) or come up with a potato recipe! LOL! Thanks for the fun THEMED party!!

2. says

Thanks so much Wanda!! I look forward to these every week!!

I shared a couple of Super Bowl Recipes and some pictures of Texas:)

Have a great day!!

(Sharing this hop on Facebook)

3. says

Hi Wanda Ann! Sorry for the confusion about featuring pictures, but I understand that it's for the trivia part, with that being said I can't wait til Minnesota comes up!
    Thanks for having us! I am your newest "likes" on facebook, I am following via my blog's page and my personal page and I'd love if you follow me back!

• says

Beth,
      I'll definately need pictures of Minnesota, that's one of the only states I haven't been in. My bonus-sister lives there and I will be featuring soon. So e-mail me if you have pictures you would like featured.
      Wanda Ann

4. says

I was born in Spokane so your pictures brought back many memories Wanda Ann! We moved to Colorado when I was around 13 but Washington holds my heart :-) I love the PNW! Thanks for hosting!! Have a wonderful week :-)

5. says

Thanks for the pictures they are beautiful. I arrived a few years back on the ferry from Hanes, Alaska and was headed to Colorado Springs. Your pink divinity kisses are so cute. My father loved divinity. Someday I will try making some. Have a great week and thank you for the feature of the KA cinnamon scones. Today I am sharing Peanut Butter filled and iced chocolate cupcakes. Long name

6. says

Thanks for hosting a great party. I've seen some of the beautiful sites in WA. My boss lives there and I live in Texas. I went for a visit and he and his wife took me to some beautiful places.

I brought over my Sweet 'n Salty Popcorn Snack from our Super Bowl Party. Thanks for bringing your Dilly Dip by for everyone to try.

Have a SUPER week.

7. says

Wonderful, Like your blog, interesting place. I need good hosting for my page, a friend of mine recommended me http://www.elcoplanet.com have you ever heard about them. i have checked there web site and it seems that they offer chip prices and good performances unlimited web hosting space and unlimited bandwidth.