Divinity Kisses

IMG_4694

With Valentine’s just around the corner I thought I share these cute little Divinity Kisses. My Mom has made for as long as I can remember. These Divinity Kisses are pretty and pink and melt in your mouth. A lovely homemade Valentine’s gift for your loved one’s.

Divinity Kisses

Divinity Kisses

Ingredients

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cups Karo light corn syrup

1/2 cup water

dash of salt

2 egg whites

1 teas. vanilla

red food coloring

sprinkles

Instructions

Stir and bring to boil, let cook on medium heat to soft ball stage 230* (Photo 1). While that is cooking in mixer beat egg whites to nice peaks. Then pour 3/4 of the syrup slowly into egg white while beating. Let the other 1/4 cup another 30 to 40 seconds and then add it, all the while keeping the mixer going. When it starts to set up, you will notice that it looses its shine, then immediately add the vanilla and a few drops of food coloring. Quickly using two spoons drop on wax paper to form little kisses and add sprinkles.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Divinity 1
Photo 1
Divinity 2
Photo 2

A bite size little treat that melts in your mouth like cotton candy.

IMG_4697

So make these little divinity kisses and see how many hugs you get.

IMG_4690
You can keep up with me via twitter, pinterest, google+ and/or facebook.

Signature

Comments

1. says

Wow- those look HEAVENLY. But a total pain in the butt if you don't have a nifty KitchenAid mixer lol

"Stalking" your blog from Peacoats and Plaid, now following, looking forward to getting to know you better Wanda!

2. says

Thank you for the invite to your linky party! I added it to my link page. I am following you as well :) And I pinned a bunch of recipes from your site in the past week or two. Thanks for the recipes!

3. says

Thanks for sharing this recipe!! Stopping by from Let's Get Social Sunday!! I have to admit, I have never made or eaten divinity before! This looks so yummy, I think I will give it a try! New follower. Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

4. says

These are cute! They look much nicer than plain divinity. I love that this is something your mom made for you–makes it extra special.
    Thank you for linking up this week!

5. says

I just shared these lovely kisses on Facebook and pinned them!!

Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays and thank you for being one of my Five Faves!!!

Have a super week!!

6. Anonymous says

My daughter really loves divinity and I would like to make this for her BUT I feel kind of dumb here looking at the directions. It seems to me that some of the steps are missing. What do I bring to a boil and what do I do with the remaining 1/4 cup for 30 – 40 seconds?

Can you please help fill in the gap of my understanding.